October 27 Europe 'closer to solving crisis'

on Thursday 27 October 2011
Today is March 13th 2023, I am in Frankfurt and I care.
After the Munich Treaty failed to get ratified, questions began to be asked. Few took notice then as the wave of apathy that had crippled Asia began to take took hold of mainland Europe.
No one understands how it happened, a kind of group hypnosis or paranoia perhaps, possibly air borne or a contaminated food chain. The speed of it's progress across the globe the real problem, in 20 days a third of the planet had succumbed to the apathetic virus. As soon as people realised what was happening it was too late, they didn't care, c'est la vie. 
As the contagion spread westwards and southwards the Americans and Africans put in place as many emergency procedures as they could but the outbreak was gathering speed and within the month the whole of the Earth had given up caring.
Obviously, when I say the whole of the Earth, I am lying, if I didn't care I wouldn't be recording this now. There are pockets of us, all over the world, a few in every major country, we've been saved for some reason and are working on a cure.
I think we're close now, but some of us are having doubts, do we have the moral right to wake up those 6.8 billion people, they look so content, lying there in the hammocks.
In fact, I'm not that bothered about moral dilemmas anymore, those hammocks look so comfy.
They look dead nice.

email me

Followers

Search