October 6 Labour shadow cabinet reshuffle

on Thursday 6 October 2011
She huffs at me again for my latest failure and in turn I try to make my expression less annoying and pretend to listen. Pretty soon all my faults will be seen as the small beans they truly are when compared to the maelstrom that is about to descend upon us. I'd read an email, sent in error, my username being remarkably similar to a member of the government. In June the shadow cabinet is to be reshuffled. Now, I don't do current affairs or science but I've never heard a more ominous sounding phrase than 'shadow cabinet'.
I check the computer screen , just been outbid for one of the last available nuclear bunkers. I make a move to the keyboard but as I do so the screen dies. Sound behind me.
I'm not sure if she's laughing or furious, standing there holding the plug in her hand. Need to act fast.
" Darling, " I say, " I have something to tell you "

email me

Followers

Search